The Water Testing course is delivered as part of the SPTO syllabus or it can be delivered as a standalone course for operators who wish to upskill their team members in appropriate pool testing skills.
- Comparator and photometer – how to use them
- How to sample and test for:
- free chlorine/total bromine
- combined chlorine
- Total bromine
- c. Chlorine disinfection:
- testing frequency
- disinfectant residual tests – PWTAG Code and
- understanding effects of free chlorine on chloramines
- interpreting test results
- acting on chlorine residual results
- pH value – measuring and checking:
- alkaline disinfectants – effect on pH
- acidic disinfectants effects on pH
- Alkalinity – measuring and control
- Hardness –measuring and control
- Dissolved solids – measuring and control
- Sulphates – measuring and control
- Documentation and record keeping and storing test results
- measuring and control
- interpreting results
When delivered as a standalone water testing course assessment shall take the form of a practical test for Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine, pH, alkalinity and calcium hardness, total dissolved solids.
And, continual assessment by question and answer on the syllabus content to show the necessary understanding and theoretical ability to underpin competence.